Monday, April 18, 2011

Totally tubular beaded beads

On my beading mat April 18th, 2011:
I'm making really super fast and easy peyote beaded beads by stitching small flat strips and zipping them together into tubes. I'm making a ton of them in about every shade of green Delica I have–and if you know me, you know I have a lot of green beads! I made tubes using some shiny hexes too.I am just tubing away, because I need to have as many components as I can in order to play when I make whatever it is I will make. Yesterday Mike and I drove to Baltimore (met friends, had Bertha's mussels) and I beaded in the car all the way there and all the way back!

Tip for car beading--work in larger sizes, it's easier to get your needle through larger bead holes if your needle is bumping around! I worked in size 8 hexes and size 10 Delicas. Hardly any finger stabbing at all. ;-)

I'll be combining the tubes with the Swarovski Dorado 2X crystal bicones #5328 into... something! Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be fun to have a big tube bead swap meet? Have a group work on using up all those tiny portions left over in their stash, then meet to mix and match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I do love your tubular beaded beads, how did you make them ? I am very much a novice at this craft and any help would be appreciated. I live in the UK and I do much of my jewelry making at home using Preciosa components. I do love these as they have such a range of colours and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These beads are simple--and a great newbie beader project. Work 5 rows in even count peyote using as many beads as you want the length of the finished tube to be: 8, 10 etc. Cylinder beads are great for peyote. Roll the beaded strip into a tube and zip together by weaving through the "out" beads. Learn even count peyote from my Doodlebeads video here!
    http://youtu.be/XjPyu85P6w0

    ReplyDelete